The aim of the project “Kurzeme visiem”: to increase community-based social service availability for people with disabilities and children at the place of their residence in Kurzeme Region.
Project implementation time: 01.07.2015. – 31.12.2023.
Project implementer: organization: “Kurzeme Planning Region”.
- Project Manager: Sandra Miķelsone-Slava, phone: +371 26085158, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Project finance manager: Anete Jansone, phone: +371 26355733, email@example.com.
- all Kurzeme region municipalities;
- municipalities of other planning regions (Aizkraukle, Jēkabpils, Limbaži, Smiltene and Tukums counties);
- State Social Care Center “Kurzeme” and its 6 branches;
- All social care centers for children without parental care and orphans.
Main activities of the project:
- to assess individual needs of children with functional disorders, orphans and children without parental care and persons with mental health and intellectual development disorders;
- to prepare respective individual support plans for all assessed persons;
- to develop Kurzeme Region De-institutionalization Plan;
- to develop reorganizations plans for all social care centers for children without parental care and orphans;
- to assist to persons with mental disorders while preparing for transition from institutional to community based care;
- to provide community based social services for people with disabilities (including children); people with disabilities (including children)people with disabilities (including children);
- to train specialists for working at community based social services;
- to raise society’s awareness about people with disabilities and their needs.
Total project cost: ~ 7,70 million EUR, of which 85% is co-financing from ESF 6,55 million EUR) and 15% from state budget (1,215 million EUR).